19th International Symposium on Toxicity Assessment
Thessaloniki, Greece, from August 25 to 30, 2019
On behalf of the organizing committee of the 19th International Symposium on Toxicity Assessment, that will be held in Thessaloniki, Greece, from August 25 to 30, 2019, we would like to inform you that the deadline for abstract submission is May 15, 2019.
In 2019 the symposium will be hosted by the Division of Hydraulics and Environmental Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, The ISTA symposium series has been biennial since 1983, and it provides a platform for scientists from around the world to discuss current advances in toxicity and risk assessment, to explore fundamental and innovative concepts in ecotoxicology as well as to support research in environmental protection and conservation efforts. ISTA 19 will be a unique opportunity to bring together researchers, professionals, administrators, regulators, non-governmental organizations and policy-makers to exchange ideas, identify research, and determine resource needs, in order to support better management of ecosystem health and minimize risks to public health.
The first ISTA symposium took place in Burlington, Canada in 1983 and since then it has been globetrotting from continent to continent. In 2009, ISTA 14 took place in Metz, France, in 2011, ISTA 15 was held in Hong Kong, China, in 2013, ISTA 16 was organized in Cape Town, South Africa, in 2015, ISTA 17 took place in Bellingham, USA and, finally, in 2017, ISTA 18 was held in Limeira, Brazil. We are certain that ISTA 19, which will be organized in Thessaloniki, Greece, between August 25 and August 30, 2019, will be a memorable event.
The main topics of the conference include:
- Ecotoxicity effects on communities
- Ecosystem health
- Human toxicology
- Aquatic/ Terrestrial toxicology and ecology.
- Biomarkers and bio-indicators
- Emerging concerns: nanomaterials, biotoxins, endocrine disruptors etc.
- Progress in environmental risk hazard assessment
- Genomics, proteomics and bioinformatics in ecology and ecotoxicology
- Biodegradation, bioremediation and mitigation techniques
- Laboratory tests and field validation
- Bioaccumulation and biomagnification
- Climate change and environmental pollution
- Effects of organic/inorganic contaminants
- Alternative methods of toxicity assessment
- Models and methods of predictive toxicology
- Laboratory techniques and test kits
- Biosensors, Microgravity and Life Support Systems
- Algal/fungal toxins
- Soil microbiology and ecotoxicology
- Pollution and environmental health
- Environmental legislation: state of the art and future perspectives
More information about the conference can be found at http://ista19.civil.auth.gr/
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the conference secretariat:
Dr. Vicky Manakou, tel: +302310995681, +30 6973328909, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of
Dr. Athanasios Kungolos
Dr. Doris Au
Dr. Tracy Collier
Dr. Christian Blaise
Dr. Petros Samaras
25/08/2019 08:00 a 30/08/2019 17:00
305-307 Monastiriou str. – 54628 Thessaloniki – Greece